Patanisha Davis Pierson, Esq.
About Patanisha Davis Pierson, Esq.
Patanisha E. Davis Pierson, Esq. is an attorney and author of Barren, But Not Broken: A Guide from Infertility to Adoption. She is a native of Oakland, California. Patanisha’s name means reconciler of differences and that is exactly what she does in her career. Patanisha is currently employed as a Partner with Key Counsel, P.C. Her primary practice areas are in Probate, Guardianships, Conservatorships, Civil Litigation and Adoption. Patanisha has a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology from Historic Tuskegee University, Master of Arts in Organizational Psychology/Change Leadership from California School of Professional Psychology. Juris Doctorate from John F. Kennedy University where she has taught Legal Methods to law students. Patanisha has a public interest law certification from John F. Kennedy University.
Patanisha is known to manifest the impossible and works diligently to raise money for scholarships for students attending law school and undergraduate school. Patanisha is very involved in her community. She currently serves as the Past President of the Contra Costa County Bar Association’s Women’s Section, Program Chair of the East County Section of the Contra Costa County Bar Association, and a member of the Bar Associations Diversity Committee of the Contra Costa County Bar Association. Patanisha is on the California Women Lawyers (CWL) Board of Directors and the chair board of CWL Diversity Committee. She has taught youth in the CYDL Program on the subject of trial advocacy and moot court. She is very passionate about family creation, creating equality for all people and inspiring women striving to live their best life!
John F. Kennedy University School of Law, Pleasant Hill, CA.
Degree: Juris Doctorate, Graduation date December 2010. Public Interest Law Certificate
Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, CA.
Honors: Recipient of the Law Faculty Scholarship. Attended: August 2003–June 2004
California School of Professional Psychology, Alameda, CA.
Degree: M.A. in Organizational Development and Change Leadership, June 2002 Honors: Completion of all Ph.D. level courses
Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, AL.
Degree: B.A. in Psychology, May 2000. Honors: Vice National Deans List and Published as a Who’s Who Among America College Students Scholar
Book: Barren, But Not Broken: A Guide from Infertility to Adoption.
Article: Diversity Considerations in the Appointment of Counsel for Conservatees: Unintentional Implicit Bias.
- California Women Lawyers Executive Board – Affiliate Governor, Chair of Diversity Committee
- Contra Costa County Bar Association Women Section Executive Board – Past President
- Contra Costa County Bar Association East County Section - Program Chair
- Contra Costa County Bar Association Diversity Committee
- Member of the Contra Costa County Conflicts Panel (Probate)
- Member of the Contra Costa County Bar Assn. (Women’s Section, Solo and Small Firms Section, Barristers, East County)
- Member of the Robert G. McGrath American Inn of Court - Associate
- Member of EBTEL (East Bay Trust and Estate Lawyers)
- Member of the Aids Legal Referral Panel (Landlord/Tenant, Estate Planning, Civil, and DV Issues)
- Member of the Conference of California Bar Associations - Contra Costa County
- Bay Area Tuskegee Alumni Club - Former Vice President
- Alameda County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Recognition and Awards
- SuperLayers Northern California Rising Star
- San Francisco Magazines Top Attorney’s in Northern California